Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Poem and a Song

I wrote yesterday about the poem that I read at the All Saints Service Sunday night.

I'm still getting compliments. Today I received my first ever piece of 'Poetry Fan Mail'. I've had people comment on songs I've written before, but never poetry.

In other news, I have just posted a new choir anthem on my music website.

I wrote back in September about having difficulty writing lyrics. I was talking about it with my Spiritual Director and God made the connection between my inability to write lyrics and the death of my mother. You can read about that experience here.

To work through this, I sat down and consciously wrote a new Christmas Piece for the choir that is a simple lullaby. It seemed like the best way to process and honor my mother by writing a song that a mother could sing to her child - in this case Mary and Jesus.

You can listen to it and read the lyrics here.

1 comment:

Emileigh Latham said...

You are so awesome, Petah!!!!