Sunday, September 21, 2008

Too holy for Church

My friend Carol, who I've been hanging out with the past few days, once said 'I think the Sabbath is too holy to spend in Church'.

That may seem heretical to some, but I think the early Celts would approve. They considered the earth their cathedral, and today we went to one of the largest 'Cathedrals' in the Tucson area.

After a brunch at a friend of Kate and Carol's, we climbed into the car and drove up into the Catalina Mountains to Mount Lemmon.

We had a lazy day enjoying the cathedral of God's creation, and then we stopped in mountain village of Summerhaven for pizza and cookies.


(As usual click on any of the pictures to see them full size)

3 comments:

Carol said...

"Sunday morning is too holy to spend in most American churches." is my exact take on this. Fun to hang with you this weekend Peter!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous!! How lucky you are to get to be in that place with those friends! How wonderful!!

Scott Endress said...

Sabbath is the last day of week, while Sunday is the first, the day of resurrection. Sunday is not a true Sabbath for many Christians, in my opinion. We work at worship and doing church. When Sunday comes and I am on vacation, I usually do something different than go to church. Peace.