Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Anniversary

Today is the second anniversary of my dad's death. On the first anniversary I wrote a blog entry that you can read here. The conversation recorded in that post has carried me through a lot.

I was reflecting on my drive in to work this morning that it was walking through Dad's death with the knowledge of that affirmation, that gave me the strength to walk through Mum's diagnosis, illness and death. That affirmation has given me the strength to speak up at work where previously I would have remained silent. That affirmation has given me the strength to begin to walk forward into a new fullness of life unlike which I have never encountered before.

Never underestimate the power of one conversation.

Thanks dad.

2 comments:

Princess said...

The last time I used the words warp and weft in one sentence was in my Textiles 101 class that's why when I saw your blog in my BlogRush banner, I came rushing.
Sorry about your loss, but glad that you've found acceptance within.

maria said...

That's an amazing story, Peter. Thanks for sharing it with us. You are indeed lovely.