Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spicy Salad Dressing

Since I've been trying to lose weight I've been eating a lot more salads and I've discovered that most fat free salad dressings leave a little something to be desired in terms of their ability to stimulate the taste buds. Most of the time I just sprinkle the rabbit food with balsamic vinegar and hope for the best.

I was surfing food sites recently and came across a salad dressing that peeked my curiosity. I made a few twists to the published recipe and voila! Peter's spicy salad dressing was born. I warn you though it does have a bit of a punch to it.

1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
2/3 Cup Fat Free Yogurt
1 Whole chipotle chile plus adobo sauce to taste
(You buy them canned. Just freeze the rest individually in ziplock bags.)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
Juice of a fresh lime
1/4 Teaspoon to taste.

Combine all these ingredients in a food processor (a blender would probably work too). And give them a blitz until combined.

You can vary the amount of heat by the increasing/decreasing the amount of whole chipotle chile and adobo sauce that you put in.
I served it on a mixed green salad which I topped with a mix of cooked chicken, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, black beans and corn.


Enjoy!

No comments: