Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recipe Madness and Reading Frenzy

My good friend Carol sent me a link to this: The Bacon Explosion
It's woven strips of bacon, wrapped around sausage, wrapped around bacon. It's made from 2 pounds thick cut bacon 2 pounds Italian sausage 1 jar of your favorite barbeque sauce 1 jar of your favorite barbeque rub.

It's worth clicking the link just to read how it's made. It contains over 5000 calories and 500 grams of fat. Now I know I'm up to a challenge, but I don't think I'll be making this any time soon - partly because I don't have a smoker!
In other news, since Dec 25th I have read 12 books! The widget down on the r.h.s of this blog is where I keep a record of what books I'm reading.

For Christmas I requested the 12 book series of Swallows and Amazons I read these books frequently as a child and it was nice to reacquaint myself with them.


They haven't held up very well to be honest. There is a fair amount of Racial and Gender Stereotyping that I hadn't noticed as a child. But it was still wonderful the spirit of nostalgia they invoked.


They make me want to take up sailing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa must have decided you were good this year.