Saturday, September 27, 2008

...normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

I got back to Houston late last night (fortunately to a house that had power, and milk in the fridge - Thanks Shannon)

I had a rehearsal this morning, and I was driving in to work I was struck by how much evidence of Ike you can still see around. Nearly every street has tree limbs cut up and leaves bagged waiting to be taken away. I saw technicians working on power lines. I talked to friends who don't have power and others who have power but their sewer systems are backed up. I saw many interstections where the lights have not been reset so the traffic backs up.

Part of me thought I would get back and it would be 'business as usual' as if somehow Ike hadn't happened.

But storms, whether literal or figurative, always take longer than we anticipate to recover from.


In a change of thought, here are the people I 'journeyed with' these past two weeks at Hesychia.

The 'Week One' Gang!





The 'Week Two' Crew!

I'm grateful for all of them for sharing their lives and there sacred stories with me!

Week 3 and 4 is coming in November - woohoo!

No comments: