Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

There are some recipes that I actively try to find, Chocolate Brie En Croute being my latest search (I'll let you know how it tastes after I've been brave enough to make it!). Then there are other recipes that seem to find me. I read various food blogs, and, because people know my cooking passion I frequently get recipes sent to me.

Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream was a recipe that I linked to from a blog that I linked to from a blog that I read(!) I'm not a huge raspberry fan, but the combination sounded decadent - and it is. I should hasten to add that it is an easy decadent. Making ice cream can be a complex affair with egg custards that might burn and having to have sinks of ice handy to ward off threats of curdling.

No such problems with this recipe.

I did use my trusty Krups Ice Cream Maker, but to be honest I think you could make this without.

8oz cream cheese, softened.
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups half and half
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
12oz frozen raspberries (no need to thaw)
1/2 cup sugar

Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer. On low speed, carefully add sweetened condensed milk, half and half, lemon, and vanilla until thoroughly blended.

Combine the raspberries and sugar in a bowl, keep cold until needed.

Put the cream cheese mix into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturers instructions.

When the ice cream is almost solid swirl in the raspberry mixture.

If you do not have an ice cream maker then put the cream cheese mix in a freezer proof container and freeze for an hour. Remove, stir and then freeze again. Do this a couple of times before adding the raspberries and sugar.

It's as easy as that!

1 comment:

Ice Machines said...

Nice cheese Ice cream..........