Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cellulite, Farmers Tans and Spirituality

Whenever we drove to the coast as kids, my brother and competed to see who could get a view of the Ocean first. We signalled our sighting with a cry of 'I can see the sea!' I calculated yesterday that I had not been to 'see the sea' in 9 months, so I decided to rectify the situation.

O.k. so the Gulf down around Galveston is not exactly the most picturesque but I did the best I could to record the moment, with my cellphone camera.
The water was very brown, and it was very windy due to the Hurricane that was forming and due to make landfall south of us, but it was the beach on a warm early evening so people were swimming. It gave me lots of opportunity to validify Peter's first rule of beachware - 'Just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you will look good wearing it'. Come to think of it that should be a rule of Fashion in general - I know, I've seen some of the disasters on Project Runway.

I just stayed covered up and sat on the seawall reading 'Discernment - The Art of Choosing Well', which is one of the required reading books for my class for this Fall.

I was so energized by my soiree to the seaside that I stopped off at the store on the way home and bought the ingredients for a massive noodle stir fry.


I'm going to be reheating leftovers for quite a while.

Yum!

2 comments:

Metro Thought said...

I've never been to Galveston, but it looks like we've both been to beaches over the past week (I have some photos of Tofino posted on my blog!). :)

Emileigh Latham said...

Sounds like a good day. Very relaxing and the stir fry looks very good. (Drooling here)