This is so good, easy, and makes the kitchen smell great!
Creamy Tomato-Balsamic Soup
• 1 cup low sodium beef broth, divided
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
• One coarsely chopped onion
• 5 garlic cloves (peeled)
• 2 x 28oz cans whole tomatoes, drained
• Cooking spray
• 3/c up half and half or ½ cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 500F (this is not a typo, really!!!)
2. Combine ½ cup of broth, brown sugar, vinegar and soy in a small bowl.
3. Place onion, garlic and tomatoes in a 13x9 baking pan coated in cooking spray.
4. Pour broth mixture over tomato mixture.
5. Bake at 500F for 50 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
6. Place tomato mixture in a blender and add remaining ½ cup of broth and half and half/whipping cream.
7. Process until smooth. Garnish with cracked pepper is desired.