Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When Passions Collide

If you read my blog for more than 3 minutes you will generally notice that I really enjoy boardgames.



If you know me, you'll also know that I enjoy performing and composing musicals too.


Well today was doubly a good day.

A musical about a board game!!!!

I saw the original national tour of this show back in the 90s. It exists in many different incarnations, most of them with some flaws or other, but Tim Rice (who wrote the book and lyrics ) claims that this new version is the one crafted the way he's always imagined it.

I've tried many times to post the trailer for the show, but for some reason I can't get the html code to make it work. If you are curious...and you should be, you can see it here.

It features Adam Pascal from 'Rent', Idina Menzel from 'Rent' and 'Wicked' and Josh Groban from...well, err.....I can't really think of any show he's been in, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time :)

Now all I need is a board game about Stephen Sondheim musicals and I will have all my bases covered.....

Well there is always this.....

...but I'm not a fan of A.L.W.

No comments: