Friday, May 01, 2009

Weight Update - and boardgaming news!

Well, it's the first of the month - and I managed it. I'm still on my target of 5lbs a month. That means I've lost 20lbs over all :)

March was so easy that April came as a shock. I really thought I wasn't going to make it to be honest. I got very busy at work (Requiem, Easter, Children's Musical) that working out moved lower down my list of priorities. Lent finished and so I am allowed Soda again. I am trying to limit myself to one Dr. Pepper a week, but there were a few days when I convinced myself that I really needed the Caffeine...

I've also decided that when I post a weight update I should post a board gaming update too...

I managed to play 22 boardgames in April, not bad considering I had a lot of work on.

Top of the list with 3 plays is the ever fun Kakerlaken Poker. A simple game of bluffing that can cause a lot of merriment. It plays best with 4-5 players but can accommodate 6.

This month 5 games tie for 2 plays each:

Pandemic (which seems appropriate given the swine flu craze)

Queens Necklace

Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas
(the game in my collection with the longest name)

Small World (one of the current 'hot' games in the community)

Tier Auf Tier ( a children's dexterity game)

After 4 months of play Dominion is still in the lead with 5 plays, but it's only winning by the thinnest of margins....

2 comments:

Gregarius said...

Congratulations on the continued weight loss. I hope it is starting to make you feel healthier, too, as opposed to just being a target number.

As for games, I doubt Dominion will be in the lead for much longer, and especially not at the end of the year. But not because it has lost appeal. You (sometimes we) tend to play a lot of lighter "filler" games (like Kakerlaken Poker) that by nature get played more often because they are so short.

choral_composer said...

I agree with you - the length and complexitiy of a game does effect its frequency of play, esp. as I often try to coax other newbies into playing. I'm not going to put one of my more complex games like Senji or Khronos.