Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cat Stevens Was Wrong (possibly)....

...but I don't know about Eleanor Farjeon

We sang 'Morning Has Broken' in the Contemplative Service this morning.

The third stanza always seems to create discord in the congregation.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

90% of the congregation sing 'recreation' the other 10% sing 'Re-creation', probably the ones who have had it drilled into them by a Choir Director! I sang 'Re-creation' this morning. In the above clip Cat Stevens sings it the other way, but I don't think the lyrics make much sense that way.

I get excited about the thought that each day is a re-creation. Yesterday's messes do not affect the beauty of the new day. Every moment I also have the opportunity to engage in activities that 're-create' me. As you can tell from my posts, that would be cooking, music, boardgames, reading, time with friends etc.

What 're-creates' you?

No comments: