Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Revealer of Beauty

I am a treasure.
Beautiful, even where tarnished.
A multifaceted jewel refracting the light of God. 
Uniquely setting the world ablaze.

You are a treasure.
Beautiful, even where tarnished.
A multifaceted jewel refracting the light of God.
Uniquely setting the world ablaze.

Certain people call forth our beauty.
Reveal and polish our faces.
Dig up our treasure where all we could see was dirt.
Without their revealing we are diminished.

The Lawyer, the Valet, the Busboy, the Doctor.
All beautiful.
And at every encounter I have three choices.
To not see their beauty because I do not see them, only their function.
To tarnish them with words, attitudes and judgments.
To leave them more beautiful than when I arrived.

I am a tarnished treasure
I am a revealer of beauty.
We all are.

Together we can polish the world. 

No comments: