• 3 very ripe or overripe bananas
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons best quality unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 x12 cup muffin pan plus liners (foil are best)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line the muffin pan with paper/foil cups.
2. Mash the bananas by hand in a bowl
3. Still mashing add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar
4. In another bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together and add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then put approx 3 tablespoons in each muffin.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded, and peeking proudly out of their paper cups.
6. Let them sit for about 5 mins in the pan before removing to a wire rack. Let them cool completely before eating!!!
Store in an airtight container layered with parchment. Will keep 2-3 days in a cool place.