1. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
2. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
3. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
4. The Passive Voice is to be avoided.
5. Use the apostrophe in it's proper place and omit it when its not needed.
6. Verbs has to agree with their subjects.
7. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, Etc........
8. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
9. Who needs rhetorical questions?
10. Parenthetical comments when appropriate should be enclosed in commas.
11. Go around the barn at high noon to eliminate Colloquialisms.
12. One-word sentences? Eliminate.
13. Be more or less specific.
14. Don't use no double negatives.
15. Puns are for children not for groan readers.
16. Avoid quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "I hate quotations."